Manager: Network Operations
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Provide operations and maintenance leadership through controlling, managing, auditing, supporting daily network operations activities that ensure achievement of highest possible KPI targets, operational excellence as well as efficiency in network operation processes and cost.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Services Contract Governance:
- SLA Management: Service Level Agreement management for all major contracts including support and lease agreements.
- Network Technology Strategy Formulation & Execution
- OPEX Budget & Execution: Prepare, execute & track the annual network operating budget plans
- Performance Management & Reporting
- Identify, promote and implement initiatives to improve Network performance.
- The Spirit of Vodacom
- Earn customer loyalty, Create the future, Experiment, learn fast & Get it done together
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- University degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- Financial management
- 3+ years’ experience in Telecommunications Operations management
- 3+ years’ in operation support, installations and commissioning
- Proven experience of working with multiple suppliers/vendors/ partners
- Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architecture/technologies
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Contract management
- Partner Governance
- SLA Management
- Incident Management
- Process Management
- Network quality assurance
- Risk management
- Network Access Technology
- Monitor and Diagnose
- Mobile and Network Security
- Dev Ops
- Service and Delivery Management
- Automation and Robotics
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.