The Health Safety and Environmental Specialist is expected to:
● Conduct regular QHSE audits at the Project site and ensures actions from QHSE audits are closed in a timely and effective manner;
Posted by Editorial Staff from Mabumbe.com
● Liaise with a certification body for external audits and ensure the findings of external audits are closed in a timely and effective manner
● Collate HSE statistics for monthly reporting
● Maintains all AIP QHSE documentation e.g. QMS procedures, service manual, BOP’s, calibration records
● Ensure adherence to ZOLA’s Best Operating Practices in warehouses and regional service centers
● Assist and deliver QHSE training to all ZOLA staff
● Ensure compliance to local legislative requirements
● Provide QHSE induction to new starters and existing employees
● Conduct Risk assessments
● Conduct accident/incident investigations
● Liaise with warehouse, service centers and offices for QHSE issues
● Any other duties considered essential for the effective running of operational and QHSE services
● Identifying and implementing improvements on an ongoing basis in conjunction with Zola QHSE
● Zola places a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Zola Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures, and compliance to local legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will most likely have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
● Previous QHSE experience with an international organisation
● NEBOSH International General Certificate
● Audit Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields such as Science, Safety Management or relevant field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Managerial and Technical Competencies:
● People management skills
● Problem-solving and analyzing
● Planning and organizing
● Attention to detail
● Good oral & written communication skills in English.
● Communication – Recognizing that clear communication is the key to understanding
● Leading other – Providing clarity and direction
● Drive for Results – compete against standards for continuous improvement
● Proven experience as a safety specialist at 4 years
● Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
● Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
● Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
● Excellent organizational and motivational skills
● Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
● Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
WORKING CONDITIONS OFFICE BOUND/ON-SITE/TRAVEL
● Willingness to work in flexible hours as per the business demands, including late nights, weekends, and holidays
● Able to travel across the country.
The role will be based in Arusha – Tanzania
MODE OF APPLICATION / DEADLINE
The deadline for submission for this position is 14th July, 2020 at 1800 hours.
Are you interested?
Please send your applications through E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for on the subject line.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.